Friday, November 6, 2009

The Fair

We've been really lucky to have Andy and Jessica close by. We decided to go to the Evergreen State Fair together one afternoon after the men got back from work. That was the same day we went berry picking. What an action-packed day!

Charlie resting up before the fair


Fiona dressed and ready in her best fair attire

We did the usual "fair" stuff. We took in the sights, ate too much, and looked at the farm animals.



I love the top of Rick's head in this photo


Gwen hesitantly grabbing a coupon for the reptile zoo

We watched the lumberjack show and Gwen insisted on sitting in between this random couple in front of us. We have no idea who they were, but the lady thought it was funny and didn't mind sitting by Gwen and listening to her non-stop commentary. I think our lectures on strangers aren't really sinking in.


Fiona opted to sit with us

This whole pole climbing thing made me uneasy

We tried to do the kids karaoke, but we were too late. All we caught were two giggly preteens singing Britney Spears' "Baby One More Time". Gwen now sings that song all the time. It only takes just once.
Since Gwen was so disappointed in not getting a turn to sing, so we went back for the adult Karaoke and signed up Gwen to be very first. She chose the ABC's. Another girl wanted to sing but didn't want to go up by herself. Gwen was very gracious and had no problem letting the girl join in.
Gwen was so darn cute- I think I even shed a tear or two. I'm such a nerd.
Click here to watch the video of Gwen's performance on youtube.
Once Gwen was done with her song, she wasn't ready to be out of the spot light. She danced her heart out in front of the stage during an excruciating rendition of "Hotel California"

Click here for the video of Gwen stealing the show.

Jessica and I decided to join in on the fun and gave a very stirring performance of Neil Diamond's "America". We chose that song because Gwen is obsessed with it. We knew she would want to get on stage and sing it with us- which she did. She was hysterical and had the whole crowd cracking up. She kept saying stuff like, "Put your hands together!" and "Everybody sing!" She also warned them that it was almost time to shout "today". She sang/babbled the entire time. And of course, she danced like crazy.




Charlie and Andy enjoyed the music too!
After karaoke, we took Gwen on some of the rides. This was a first for her and she loved it! Most of them she went on by herself. It didn't bother her one bit.

I went with her on the roller coaster and I'm pretty sure I was the scared one. That thing was tall and rickety. I kept looking down at the cement which seemed very, very hard.




Gwen also rode the teacups by herself. She didn't know she was supposed to turn them.


On our way out, we zipped past a few animals before heading to the car.


On the way home Gwen said with a sigh, "I wish I lived at the fair."

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Gwen sitting between the strangers - that cracked me up.

The Vause's said...

Now I wish we had gone to the fair when we lived there...it sounds like it was a blast! I love Gwen and how she has no fear! Thanks for your awesome post...I always love reading about what you guys are up to!