Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blueberry Picking: the Sequel

We enjoyed picking blueberries so much that we had to squeeze in one more trip before the season was over. Again, Jessica and Charlie joined us for the fun.


It would appear that Gwen was busying herself with blueberry picking, but that wasn't the case...


She was actually making friends with the cute yellow caterpillar.

And building him a house.


Fiona was there too, but as usual, she was just a spectator.


Gwen did take a break from her building a friendship with the caterpillar to pick a blueberry or two.
Sometimes she didn't even use her hands.


(I laughed really hard when I caught her doing this. I begged her to do a repeat performance for the camera.)
Gwen also spent time playing with the babies.


Of course, if you are four-years-old, running is always on the agenda.


As we were getting ready to leave, sweet Jessica was pushing both of our strollers with my full bucket of blueberries hanging from the handle of mine. While going down the bumpy path the bucket bounced right off and all my hard work dumped on the ground. We spent several minutes picking up the spilled berries and continued on our way. This time I decided to push my own stroller to ensure that no more problems occurred.
And wouldn't you know it, my bucket bounced off the handle again. We spent several more minutes picking up blueberries which were now mixed in with dead grass.
My blueberries did not spill again. I made sure of that.

Gwen was excited about the contents of her bucket, but I'm not sure if she got the memo that it was blueberries that we were looking to bring home.
Between my spilled blueberries and Gwen's creative picking strategies, our box we came home with sure was interesting. These blueberries were definitely going to need a good washing.

1 comment:

The Vause's said...

How fun!!! Your posts make me miss Washington. I miss all the really fun things to do there. There are fun things to do in Utah, but they don't seem as cool since I grew up here. Your family is so adorable, and i miss you guys a ton!!! Nice to see you on the computer at least!
-Shelley