Saturday, October 4, 2008

London: Summer 2012

I enrolled Gwen in a gymnastics class along with my friends Traci and Kedra and their little ones, Olivia and Lucy. As it turns out, this just might be my number one favorite thing I've ever done with Gwen. Seeing the excitement in her face while at class just about made my heart burst at the seams. In fact, the first day, I couldn't stop smiling.

The class itself was very cute. They hopped like frogs, jumped like monkeys, and kicked like donkeys. They learned to do forward rolls and to do handstands against a wall. They even did a little bit on the balance beams and bars. Gwen's favorite thing? The foam pit- hands down.

The session was only 4 weeks long, so we are looking into starting another class soon. Gwen loves this too much for me to deprive her of it!

Here are WAY too many photos of our 4 weeks of fun...

Week One
Coach T used Gwen as an example to teach the next exercise. I was so proud!




Gwen's cute friend, Lucy
Frog jumping on "lilly pads"
Classes were only 30 minutes long. When the coach annouced that class was over, the girls were TICKED off. They cried in unison.


Week Two

The second week, Gwen learned a new word: "Ta Da!" Whenever they would do a forward roll or jump off of a mat, the coach would have them put their hands in the air and say, "Ta Da!" Gwen picked up on this right away. She loved screaming it at the top of her lungs any chance she got.
Ta Da!
The coach always gave them stamps on their hands and feet at the end of class
Week Three

Cute Olivia

Gwen loved hopping down the tramp and jumping into the pit
Ta da!
Ta da!
Week Four




Since it was the last week, we wanted to get a shot of the 3 little cuties together. As you can see, they were totally and completely cooperating. It only took about six attempts to get them all looking at the camera.

9 comments:

Penny said...

You got some great shots. I especally like the ones where Gwen is in the air with her knees bent, jumping and hiding in the foam blocks. There is a lot to do in that gym. I'm impressed.

Jeni and Dave said...

I agree with you. My favorite thing I've ever done as a parent is a parent/child gymnastics class with Ellie. It's so fun to see them so happy. Plus, it's way more fun to be involved than sitting in the waiting room watching. Fun times!!

Sarah said...

I still love the foam pit! I haven't jumped in one for at least a decade, but one of my dying wishes would be to jump in the foam pit again.

Gwen is so cute! I could see her getting way into gymnastics for a long time. I love the looks of dismay on their faces when class is over! Hahaha!!!

Cheryl said...

These are the cutest pictures ever! You're not lying, she looks so happy! She could TOTALLY be the next Shawn Johnson!

Let's be realistic though, she won't be old enough in 2012, unless you want to follow suit of the Chinese gymnastics team. If my math is correct, we have until 2024!!! (Eek, that year doesn't even seem real!)

Amy said...

Happy gymnastics! Those pics are so cute. Gwen looks like she is having a blast. Seeing our children happy and healthy is what its all about.

Penny said...

I was looking over the photos again, and saw I was wrong, Gwen was not jumping! I didn't look close enough to see that she was stretching out on a matt.

Traci said...

Those pictures are awesome! You got some super shots. Thanks for posting them! I'm excited to go again. It's definitely the best class out there! I might have to steal some of your pictures for my blog... if I ever get around to it.

Penny said...

Just looked at the gymnastic pics again. The one with the girls being disappointed because it was time to go home is darling. My fav is with Gwen looking at Olivia or Lucy with such fondness. She has her arm around her. What does a child feel at those moments? It has to be love.

Anonymous said...

I love gymnastics. These are fun pics, can there ever be two many pictures of your own children? I tagged you.