Since I was diagnosed with ICP, my doctor has been really great and is keeping a very close eye on the baby. Because of the risk of still birth, hemorrhaging, and other fetal complications, she isn't going to let me go past 37 weeks. So, it looks like the latest I will go is May 13th.
I now have weekly non-stress tests (this is where they track the baby's movements, heart rate, and contractions) and ultrasounds every other week. This past week I had an ultrasound and everything was looking great. The baby has turned so her head is down, my amniotic fluid level is great, and she weighs approx 4 pounds, 3 ounces, which is just about average. Of course, I came home with a little souvenir...
Proof that she is a still a girl.
Profile with her head on the right, looking up
Another profile shot
This is her face head on. The wishbone shaped white part is actually her nose (sideways)
The ultrasound was really cool because I saw her face very clearly straight on a few times. It was much more clear on the screen than in the photos.
We are now frantically scurrying about trying to finish her room, wrapping up projects, and buying newborn sized clothes- why didn't I buy any for Gwen?
Stay tuned for photos of the nursery. We are almost done!



10 comments:
Woo hoo!!! Let me know what I can do to help. Love you.
I can't belive it's getting so close! I am so excited for you and wish you a speedy, healthy delivery. You are in our prayers!
Yeah!! Very exciting!!
I can't wait to meet Sweet Leprechaun Dust!!! Conor is in town 4/24 - 5/3, and we would LOVE to see you guys if we can! Let us know, love you!
I absolutely love the profile shots!
I bet she will be pretty like her mommy, creative like her sister, and hilarious like her daddy.
Gwen is gonna love being a sister.
Also, I love the name Penelope Bluebell Bean. Good choice.
Even though the reason you have to deliver three weeks early is miserable, who wouldn't be excited to have three less weeks?!? Hope all else is going well!
WOW...I can't believe it's coming up so fast!!! I'm so sad that I won't be there to see your precious new baby and bring you over some yummy dinner. At least I know that you have lots of people around you that will take care of you if you need it. Give my love to Gwen...I really miss her. Tell Rick that Cory and I really miss hanging out with you guys! Good luck with everything!
-Shelley
wow, I can't believe how close it is getting. I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet your sweet little girl!!
Sorry to hear about the complications! Looks like you are being well taken care of and are upbeat about it. You always did have a great attitude.
Post a Comment