Thursday, March 13, 2008

St George- Part Four: Dinner with the Gillespie Family

So I have this friend (Torrey) that grew up in the same ward as I did in Renton. She is completely hilarious and was always up to no good growing up. She was always doing something crazy like teaching the exchange student from Iran all the words to a Salt n' Pepa song or instructing him that "jackass" was another word for "friend". She and I along with some other friends also convinced a server at Red Robin that we were Seattle Super Sonic Cheerleaders and even hooked him up with a forged autograph from his favorite pro-basketball player- all to just get some free food. (Thanks Igor, the ice cream was delish!)

Some poor sucker (Greg) was actually able to tame Torrey. They got married and settled in his hometown in St George. They also have adopted two adorable daughters, Makenna and Harper.

Friday evening, Rick, Gwen and I met up at Chili's for dinner with Torrey, Greg and Hilary, the birth mother of Makenna. It sounds totally crazy, but they have an awesome relationship with Hilary. Torrey and Hilary are like sisters; it is really fun to watch how they interact. It was neat to hear Hilary's story. She is so brave!

So as it turns out, Greg was unsuccesful in taming Torrey and she is still the same crazy girl I knew growing up. Her parents explain it best when they say she just doesn't have a filter. She is the only person who can use the word "vagina" in a Christmas letter and get away with it. But, deep down, Torrey has a heart of gold and a generous spirit. She is such a great mom and a devoted wife. I have always looked up to her and still do.

Thanks for the fun, Torrey! Have fun DHing!


Torrey and I with Makenna and Gwen. Four hotties!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Hahahaaaaaaaaa!!!! Good stories!

Hi Torrey!

Theresa Walker said...

I remember the Iran guy! I still laugh at out loud about that guy! Thanks for the memory.

Sarah said...

What I remember most is "LA DEEFREAKIN' DA!"

That guy kicked me in the swimming pool on one of our retreats. He seriously hurt me and he kept laughing. It made me glad Torrey taught him all that naughty stuff.

:-D

Greg and Torrey said...

ha ha such fun times! we LOVED seeing you guys. HI SARAH and HI THERESA!