Gwen has had a lot of fun waking up in the morning and finding things from the Binky Fairy. Of course, the biggest hit seemed to be the most inexpensive gift: gum. I finally uploaded some of the Binky Fairy gift photos...
Gwen in her new nightgown with her beloved gum
Gwen with her pinwheel and the Thomas tent in the background
Her final gift from the Binky Fairy came this morning. It was a toy golf set which I have yet to take a photo of.
So since the Binky Fairy is done visiting, does that mean Gwen is "cured"? Not really. There haven't been too many tears, but it is taking her about 1.5 hours to fall asleep at night and she's waking up anywhere from 1 to 2 hours earlier in the morning. The lack of sleep has been a little hard on her, but she's handled herself quite well considering how tired she is.
She also has had some potty training regression which is new thing for us. She's been potty trained for almost a year now. I'm not sure if this is because she is feeling anxious about the arrival of her new sister or if it is because of the binky. Now that I think of it, the regression started before the binky thing, but it has gotten worse. Poor thing. She is so disappointed when she has an accident. I wonder how other parents handle these unexpected accidents?
She also has had some potty training regression which is new thing for us. She's been potty trained for almost a year now. I'm not sure if this is because she is feeling anxious about the arrival of her new sister or if it is because of the binky. Now that I think of it, the regression started before the binky thing, but it has gotten worse. Poor thing. She is so disappointed when she has an accident. I wonder how other parents handle these unexpected accidents?
Tonight I asked Gwen if it was hard to go to sleep without her binky. She said, "Yeah, it's really hard, but I can do it." What a tough little girl.



3 comments:
Awe... she is a trooper with that binki business.
As for the accidents... I wonder if she has fears of being dethroned, so to speak. She has to know Fiona is going to be very special to her mommy and daddy, and take up time that used to be only hers. Gwen is very smart, and no doubt feels threatened and worried. Perhaps it is her way of telling you she wants to be your "baby" too/still.
You guys are doing a great job, and all kids face this at one time in their life. I don't know any adult who is not potty trained. There is hope!
Just thinking, did Gwen begin regressing after or before you gave the baby a name and put it on the wall?
I agree with your mom. I bet that Gwen is having some accidents because she's worried.. Dont you worry though.. It's totally normal.
She has a lot going on, so most likely it's the stress. However, sometimes they can get Urinary Tract Infections and the only symptom is accidents. You may want to pay attention to other symptoms like if her pee stinks or if she complains that it hurts to go. You probably already knew that but I thought I'd mention it just in case.
Post a Comment