Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Even More Snow

As the snow continued throughout December, we got a little bit tired of it. We finally got some chains and we felt so liberated- until they broke. Then we went right back to being tired of the snow.
Being isolated in the house gave me plenty of opportunities to track the snow progress via the patio table. It kept snowing, melting a little, and then snowing again. I'm not sure how much snow we got total, but I don't think we ever had much more than a foot of accumlation at once.
But, instead of complaining about the snow, let's rewind a little to another fun afternoon playing in the white stuff...











We lured Gwen back inside with the promise of snow cones provided by mother nature. I was careful to only get the fresh, non-yellow stuff.




My favorite flavor is rootbeer. Yum!

As always, Gwen managed to take over Rick's snow cone. She said, "Hey daddy, we can share!" Which means, she can eat them both and he can occasionally have a taste.

This was one of the last times we played in the snow before it melted. Gwen's interest in the snow was short lived, which was fine with me since I couldn't fit into my snow pants, and I was getting tired of bending over to lace up my boots. Lazy!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snow cones--what a great idea! What were your other flavors?

Cara said...

What adorable snow pants! Where did you find them?

AMB said...

Heidi- Our other flavors were watermelon and strawberry. Yum!

Cara- The snowpants were from Oshkosh.