Christmas morning was lots of fun at the Bean house. Gwen loved everything she got, but as it turns out, she would have been just as happy if she had only received the first thing she pulled out of her stocking- a mini container of Fruit Loops. We eat healthy cereal around here, so she was quite intent on tearing them open right away and starting into them before I stopped her. She thought it was hysterical that Santa would put cereal in her stocking and kept commenting on how silly he was.
Rick got Lucky Charms, which Gwen decided she liked better (we should have known that she would want the ones with marshmallows in it), so Rick was stuck with getting her leftovers.
Gwen really loved a gift her dad got her... little candies inside a little container that looks just like an ipod. It even plays music. She immediately climbed up the entertainment console and set it near my ipod that was sitting in it's dock.
We always take a photo of us laying next to the content of our stockings...
I love the proof here that Gwen kept sneaking into Rick's cereal...

After we ate our breakfast (which was just the rest of the cold cereal that Gwen hadn't already devoured and an orange), we started on the gifts under the tree. Every time Gwen opened a gift, she exclaimed, "Just what I wanted!"or "I love it!" and wanted to halt the gift opening process so that she could take 20 minutes to play with it. It took a lot of persuasion to keep things moving. We were on a schedule, after all.








After the festivities at home, we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Beans' house for some fun. Oh, and did I mention that it was snowing? Hard? We chained up and braved the roads. We barely made it there.
At G & G Bean's house, we had an actual nice breakfast (no cereal involved) and exchanged presents with them and Kirk. We visited for a while before having to leave for my parents house.
After we ate our breakfast (which was just the rest of the cold cereal that Gwen hadn't already devoured and an orange), we started on the gifts under the tree. Every time Gwen opened a gift, she exclaimed, "Just what I wanted!"or "I love it!" and wanted to halt the gift opening process so that she could take 20 minutes to play with it. It took a lot of persuasion to keep things moving. We were on a schedule, after all.
After the festivities at home, we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Beans' house for some fun. Oh, and did I mention that it was snowing? Hard? We chained up and braved the roads. We barely made it there.
At G & G Bean's house, we had an actual nice breakfast (no cereal involved) and exchanged presents with them and Kirk. We visited for a while before having to leave for my parents house.
I think Cathy read Gwen every Christmas book in the house...

Gwen has really been into imaginative play lately. At this point, she was a butterfly with a broken wing...

Gwen has really been into imaginative play lately. At this point, she was a butterfly with a broken wing...
Here are a few shots of Gwen opening gifts. She never seems to be smiling in these photos. Opening presents is serious business for her...




Soon, we got ready to leave for my parents house. As we got ready to leave, Rick noticed that one of BRAND NEW tire chains had broken. The auto-supply store has a strict "no returns" policy on chains, so I was super-annoyed at the $80 I wasted to get the extra-nice chains. We were also wondering how we going to get all the way from Bothell to Renton on the bad roads. But, somehow we made it. My apologies to Rick for blaming him for the chains breaking. Although it still might have been his fault...
At my parents' house, we had a scrumptious dinner...a pork roast AND a beef roast plus mashed potatoes, salad, and many yummy things on the side. I ate too much and puked later.
Soon, we got ready to leave for my parents house. As we got ready to leave, Rick noticed that one of BRAND NEW tire chains had broken. The auto-supply store has a strict "no returns" policy on chains, so I was super-annoyed at the $80 I wasted to get the extra-nice chains. We were also wondering how we going to get all the way from Bothell to Renton on the bad roads. But, somehow we made it. My apologies to Rick for blaming him for the chains breaking. Although it still might have been his fault...
At my parents' house, we had a scrumptious dinner...a pork roast AND a beef roast plus mashed potatoes, salad, and many yummy things on the side. I ate too much and puked later.
Of course, we exchanged gifts, and it was complete mayhem. There were 7 grand kids in the house, but it seemed more like 14. They had a great time.
Gwen got a play dough set from Grandma and Grandpa. She immediately excused herself from the festivities so that she could open in up and play with it. We had to drag her back to open more gifts.
Gwen got a play dough set from Grandma and Grandpa. She immediately excused herself from the festivities so that she could open in up and play with it. We had to drag her back to open more gifts.



4 comments:
What a great Christmas. My kids were the same way at that age---they'd start playing with something and we'd have to get them back on track with opening presents.
Except for my youngest. Once we were at Earl & Cathy's for Christmas and he had a present as big as he was. I don't know what he expected it to be, but when he opened it and realized it wasn't what he thought, he threw it down and yelled, "This is STOOO-PID!" I was so embarrassed. He was so upset over it I had to take him out of the room and not let him open any more gifts.
I'm glad the snow did not keep everyone from coming "home". It would have been a very lonely day.
So Janae and I want to boost the economy by coming to visit you guys for a weekend, but we don't know when would be the best time. We have some Delta Skymiles we need to burn and this all depends on our economic stimulus package, i.e. our tax return barring they don't misspell our name this year. What works for you?
Love the photos! :-D
Post a Comment