Part of my problem is that I just could not part with the beautiful quilt my mother and sister-in-law made for Gwen...
Nor could I part with the coordinating blanket that went with her crib bedding...
It has the cutest little palm trees on it...
I finally took matters into my own hands a made Gwen a duvet that would match the color scheme that we already had going on. My mom helped me measure and cut some of the fabric, but I'm proud to say I personally did all of the sewing myself. Just don't look at it too close...
I love how it looks on her bed. I just need to make a few throw pillows and shams to make it complete...
We also painted Gwen's walls lavender to coordinate with the whole thing. Now we just need to accessorize and add a few things to complete the palm tree/island theme.
So now Gwen's "big girl room" is the same color and theme as her baby room. But I don't care- I love it! She's growing up so much and this is the last little bit of Baby Gwen that I can grasp too.



5 comments:
Her room looks really good. You did a great job! Very talented, as I'm sure you already know :)
I think her room is adorable! I love how you've coordinated everything.
p.s. I think I'm delurking here.
All that shopping for NOTHING!!!!!
It looks so nice! I wish my sewing machine liked me enough to let me do stuff like that!
Happy late B-Day...although I already told you that. I love the video of Gwen when you told her the awesome news! She is so sweet! I also love Gwen's room. I've been hinting to Cory that I would like a sewing machine for Christmas, but I think he feels out of his league to try and pick one out.
Post a Comment