Monday, December 1, 2008

Third Wheel?

I have a lot of catching up to do... prepare yourself to be bombarded with several Halloween/Fall posts...

Rick and I love having an anniversary in October. Usually we celebrate by doing something fall festive as a family and then doing something spooky as a couple. Nothing gets you in the mood like getting scared!

The weekend after our anniversary this year we got a sitter, a chaperon, and headed out to dinner and to the haunted forest in Kenmore.

What? A chaperon? Yep, we invited Rick's cute cousin, Cheryl. Why? Because things are just more fun with her around- even anniversary dates. Don't worry...Rick and I did a little celebrating later on our own *wink, wink*.

We spent the evening alternating between laughing and screaming, and Cheryl never missed an opportunity to refer to herself as a third wheel.

First, we went to a little burger joint in Bothell called the Ranch Drive-In. Rick and I ordered the predictable burger, fries, onion rings and shake (pumpkin- yum!) Guess what Cheryl got? A grilled cheese sandwich and a vanilla shake. I seriously could have made those for her at home for a fraction on the cost. I love Cheryl.



There was a huge line at the Haunted Forest to buy tickets, but being veterans to this event, we came prepared for a long wait. We passed the time by reading scary ghost stories to each other and by doing Monster Mad Libs. We even brought a scary flashlight...



Once we bought our tickets, we wandered around a looked at all of the other activities to do. When they called our number, they had us wait for about 10 minutes on hay bales. We took one last opportunity to take some photos of ourselves, knowing that we might not come out alive.


Fortunately, we did come out alive, but there were a few moments where it was touch and go. The Haunted Forest was awesome and totally scary. We loved every minute of it.

When we got home, we watched a scary movie (Prom Night), while sucking on Slurpees that Cheryl was so sweet to treat us too. We also ate waaaaay too much candy.

Cheryl slept on the couch that night, and I don't think she even slept with the light on. Brave girl!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Woo hoo!!!! 3rd wheel!!! Thanks for letting me join in on the fun, I still have a great mental picture of you two doing that Mad Libs dance we created, and me saying "thank you" to the freaky wolf-thing, instead of screaming! :)

Love you guys, you're the best!

Penny said...

Don't think I've ever been to a haunted house, except a lame one in the neighborhood with you kids. Glad you had so much fun.