The day before Saint Patrick's Day, we started working on our trap. First we painted the whole box green. Then we cut out shamrock shapes, painted them green, and glued them to the box. Since leprechaun's love green, we used four different shades. There was also some glitter and puff balls involved.
Gwen decided to take off her shirt so she wouldn't get paint on it. I do realize that she's too old to be topless on the Internet, but I'm too lazy to edit the photos. Perhaps my lovely mom will photoshop a shirt for her.
Next she drew a picture of what her interpretation of a leprechaun is. In the picture the leprechaun has snuck into some body's house, put a ladder up to their ceiling light, and taken out all the light bulbs.
Every good leprechaun trap needs bait. This year we decided that shamrock-shaped sugar cookies would do the trick.
While our sweetheart was sleeping, the leprechaun certainly did some damage. He started in the playroom. He played with all of our green toys and tried on Gwen's green clothes. He didn't even clean up when he was done!
He showed a special interest in our Winnie-the-Pooh book and left it open on a page about the color green.
He left a note about the toys and the clothes...
That messy leprechaun left a trail of "leprechaun dust" all through the house.
After he played in the toy room, he went downstairs.
Oddly enough, he got our ladder out of the garage and took all the light bulbs out of the ceiling fan! Is Gwen a psychic or what? He also took all the underwear out of Gwen's drawer and decorated the downstairs with them. He messed up couch cushions and flipped stuff over.
The leprechaun also moved Fiona's high chair to the little table and took a break to enjoy the cookies. He also found a green bottle in the cupboards and filled it with green milk to drink with the cookies.



5 comments:
Hahahaha!!! That's great. :-D
I love this...it looks like you and Rick had WAY too much fun late at night...how was the clean up??? I bet it wasn't as "FUN"!!! I want to grow up in your house :-)
I didn't even know this much fun could be had with kids on St. Patty's day! I am totally going to steal this idea down the road. Thanks for sharing!
The leprechaun that visits your house is my very favorite. So creative!
My kids adore it when the leprechauns visit your house. Sean belly laughs at the messes. So fun.
Post a Comment