Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Future Mommy in Training

Gwen is just about the best big sister ever. In fact, some days I worry that she is planning a coupe and intends on taking over as the mommy of the house altogether.

Gwen loves Fiona and always asks to hold her and gives her lots of hugs and kisses. She insists on being there for every diaper change and will stop whatever she is doing to join us. Gwen also is concerned whenever Fiona cries and will try to soothe her. She also is constantly reminding me to feed her and change her diaper.

Sometimes when I'm planning an outing, it takes me a few trips to get the car loaded. Gwen gets super-ticked if I put her in the car and then go back inside to get Fiona. She wants to get in the car at the exact same moment as Fiona. Funny girl.

Gwen also has asked me several times when we are going to have another baby. She says she wants 2 more- a boy and a girl. When I ask her why she wants me to have another baby she says, "Because I like babies! They are so cute!" Gwen also has asked more than once when she will be a mommy.

Gwen loves to put animals under her shirt and pretend she's pregnant. Last week Rick and I peeked in on her while she was sleeping and found she had fallen asleep before removing her bear baby...

Gwen also practices her swaddling and breastfeeding skills as evidenced below. This time a giraffe is the lucky recipient of her mothering skills...


We are so glad that this transition has been mostly easy for Gwen and that she has been a good sister to Fiona (ok, unless you consider the time she nonchalantly suggested selling her because she cries too much). These two sweeties are going to be the best of friends!



4 comments:

Penny said...

Such a sweet twosome. You need put a pic in the frame you bought me. I like the one with Fiona on Gwen!!!

Sarah said...

Hahaha!!! That is so cute!

Lisita said...

Especially loving that last pic!

Theresa Walker said...

I'm so glad Gwen is doing so well. I love the last pic. So cute.