On Friday night, I picked Rick up from work in downtown Seattle. We took advantage of being downtown and had dinner in the city. Since Rick has worked in Seattle for two years, he knows all the good places to eat- some well known, and some well-kept secrets.
He took me to a place called Serious Pie. This was my first experience in "communal dining". They have a bunch of long tables packed in tight and they seat you right next to people you don't know. In this photo, you can see the arm of the guy next to Rick....
Rick didn't forewarn me about this and I was a little bit taken aback at first. But, we quickly adjusted to the idea and talked to some really neat people. By the time we dug into our appetizer, we were totally comfortable. I wish I could tell you what the appetizer was, but I really have no idea what was in it. There were some tomatoes...
So, this place is a pizza place, but it is unlike any pizza you have ever had before. Most of the ingredients I hadn't ever heard of. The ingredients I was familiar with, I would have never thought to put on a pizza. We ended up ordering a pizza with an olive oil base, yukon gold potatoes, rosemary, and parmesan cheese. It was delicious!
The place we got dessert at is called Icon. The have an amazing hot fudge sundae. They bring the ice cream out in a cookie bowl and then the server takes a hot fudge filled cookie-cone and pours the fudge all over the ice cream.
After the fudge is piled on, the server pulls out several dishes full of toppings and let us choose what to have on top. After he poured generous amounts of toppings on the ice cream, we dug in. Yum!
After dessert, we went home. It was really weird to come home to an empty house without Gwen there. Although we missed her, it was nice to have time to ourselves. We had rented a movie, but we ended up being too tired to watch it. We are getting old!



4 comments:
Serious Pie is awesome!
Whoa! I think I got fatter just looking at that sundae! That is cool. And yukon gold potatoes are my favorite. Never thought to put them on pizza. I'm so glad you guys got a night away!
I've got to try that sundae, yum! Thanks for the restaurant tips. :)
Umm..Yea..that sundae looks delish! Good thing I am not dieting anymore. I think I am going to go out and get some ice cream right now.
Post a Comment