Soon we were off to the Seattle Temple. Before I knew it, I found myself in my wedding dress, sitting on a couch in a small room with Rick, waiting for the ceremony to start. I felt surprisingly calm. Then a temple worker came in a told us it was time. Suddenly, my sense of calm disappeared and the flood gates opened. I cried from that point on until the end of the ceremony. I really can't remember much of the ceremony because I was busy trying not to cry. I was able to pull it together long enough to touch up my make-up and hair and we made our grand exit out of the temple...
I immediately began crying again when I saw my Dad. It was a bittersweet moment for me because he wasn't able to attend the ceremony in the temple.I finally able to calm down and was really able to enjoy the day. Let the celebrating begin!
Our dads congratulating each other
We took a shot with all of our family that was there to share this special day with us

We took a shot with all of our family that was there to share this special day with us

Next was the wedding lunch, but first we had to take lots of photos around the beautiful temple grounds. (Since I had to scan the photos, the quality isn't the greatest- sorry!)


I thought it would be more comfy to wear tennis shoes rather than heels. I took out the laces and put in thick ribbon. Rick was sweet enough to tie them for me.


Rick's parents, Bob and Cathy arranged a very nice wedding lunch at a hotel near the temple. Everyone who was there at the temple was invited. It was a delicious Italian-themed lunch. I couldn't find very many photos from the lunch, but here's one of my parents at the buffet line...

After the wedding lunch, we had a little down-time at my parents' house to unwind. Then it was off to the Fairwood County Club to start setting things up and decorating. Once the decorations were up, we went out to the golf course and surrounding areas to take more photos.
I found a lot of photos similar to the one below. I'm messing with my hair or primping in some way while Rick is fixing my dress..
My sweet nephew, Isaak





For the next few hours, we enjoyed our reception. First, we greeted guests in our receiving line. Then we tried to sneak in a few bites to eat before cutting the cake

Next, Rick and I had our first dance as a married couple. We danced to "True Companion" by Marc Cohn.

My dad also got a turn on the dance floor. Our song was "Forever" by the Beach Boys. I chose this because I loved the Beach Boys as a young girl and my dad took me to my first Beach Boys concert.

After the dancing, I surprised Rick with a little song for him. I sang, "I Only Have Eyes For You".

My sister and brother also sang "Perhaps Love" by John Denver, although I'm starting to forget the order in which everything happened. I suppose I could pull out the wedding video to refresh my memory.
After I tossed the bridal bouquet and Rick threw the garter belt, we didn't hang out much longer before we headed off to begin our Honeymoon.
While growing up, I looked forward to my wedding day with great anticipation. I had everything planned out long before I ever met my groom. Was the day everything I dreamt about? Yes- except for the horse-drawn carriage and fireworks display were missing. Was I blissfully happy? Absolutely- happier than I ever thought I could be. But, what I didn't know that this was only the beginning. Never did I realize that my happiness would increase as the years passed and that my love for Rick would grow everyday.
Rick, thank you for the most amazing eight years of my life. I cherish you and everything about you. I feel incredibly blessed to have you as my husband for all eternity.

My sister and brother also sang "Perhaps Love" by John Denver, although I'm starting to forget the order in which everything happened. I suppose I could pull out the wedding video to refresh my memory.
After I tossed the bridal bouquet and Rick threw the garter belt, we didn't hang out much longer before we headed off to begin our Honeymoon.
While growing up, I looked forward to my wedding day with great anticipation. I had everything planned out long before I ever met my groom. Was the day everything I dreamt about? Yes- except for the horse-drawn carriage and fireworks display were missing. Was I blissfully happy? Absolutely- happier than I ever thought I could be. But, what I didn't know that this was only the beginning. Never did I realize that my happiness would increase as the years passed and that my love for Rick would grow everyday.
Rick, thank you for the most amazing eight years of my life. I cherish you and everything about you. I feel incredibly blessed to have you as my husband for all eternity.
I love you!





13 comments:
I love it! Thanks for sharing your story. It has been fun readin'!
YEAH...it was worth the wait! I love weddings and it looks like yours was pretty special!
What a sweet wedding day. So fun to hear more about your special day!
Okay, you made me cry. I love weddings. You guys are so great together!
Yahoo, you made it to the big day. you looked amazing, what a great couple you guys are!!
You guys are so sweet. I don't know if you remember, but I took all those wedding photos. I was so nervous. I mean, you can't exactly reshoot a wedding if they don't come out. So I took a ton of pictures. I never did see how they turned out, because I just gave all the film to your mom and she got them developed. Glad to see some came out ok!
I'd forgotten that you sang to Rick. That was really fun and cute.
I danced with my dad to the song "Forever" by the Beach boys too at my wedding. I grew up listening to the beach boys. My dad is a huge fan. I remember one time, my sister got to go to a stake dance and I wasn't old enough yet so I was bummed. So, my dad danced with me to the song "Forever", in our living room. It was pretty sweet.
Thanks for finishing the story! Looks like it was definitely a happy ending!
NOOOOO!!!! I was waiting to hear about the WEDDING NIGHT! Don't leave us hanging. JK
You don't have to tell me about the wedding night! You are a great writer. No wonder you majored in English! You are also a total babe. Sloan has been looking at the pictures with me... and she wants to know who that princess is in the white dress?
even though i haven't commented on each entry ... i've been reading all about "our story:" and it's such a great story - one day gwen will love that you did this! you two are darling!
I totally forgot you were married on my birthday! I don't think I will be able to forget again. I sang to Bryant at our reception too. One more thing we have in common :)
AMB and Rickster;
Thanks for being you and for the fun memories. Hey Rick, you know which joke is sure for laughs at work, guaranteed that I stole from you..."Hey you guys get paid? My boss said if I work really hard I would get an A in this class".
Anyways, Happy Anniversary.
Post a Comment