Monday, November 17, 2008

My Poor Baby

My sweet little Gwennie has a stomach bug today. In the last 5 hours, she's thrown up 7 times. There is nothing worse than seeing my baby suffer.

I called the nurses line just to make sure I was doing everything I can for Gwen. They told me to give her 2 teaspoons of liquid every five minutes to keep her hydrated- even if she throws it up. After 4 hours of keeping it all down, I can double the amount. After 8 more hours, she can start the brat diet. They also told me the signs of dehydration and gave me some other tips, so I'm glad I called.

Rick is a sweet daddy and husband and decided to stay home to help us today. It's a good thing because I'm afraid to leave her alone for more than a minute. I hope my poor angel gets better soon!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That makes me so sad! :(

Cara said...

Aftyn had an awful flu like that too. It was not fun. The worst was trying to get her to eat again after she was feeling better. She was so afraid she would throw up again that she refused any food we offered. Talk about frustrating! I hope Gwen feels better soon (and that you and Rick don't catch it).

Penny said...

I hope she is better tonight. Perhaps you need to get Gwen's doctor kit and give her a shot! Check her heart?

Lisita said...

Oh no, poor Gwen! Hope you are all healthy for your birthday!