Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Doing Better

Gwen is already doing better! She stopped throwing up yesterday at around noon, so all in all, she only had about 6 bad hours where she threw up 7 times. Did I mention that it was a lovely magenta color? Had it not been puke, I would have thought it was pretty.

By 5 pm, Gwen was begging for food. She kept saying. "I'm so, so, so hungry!" The nurse had told me to avoid solids until she had gone pukeless for 8 hours, but I couldn't handle her cries. I bought her a new coloring book to distract her, but that worked for 5 minutes, before the begging began again.

I gave her a plain bagel and told her she could have a few bites, and then would have to wait and see how her tummy feels. That girl snatched that bagel from me and began shoving it in as if she hadn't eaten in weeks. She ate 1/3 of a huge bagel, which is a lot for her. I kept trying to take it from her, but she kept saying, "Mom, I'm so hungry, I might die." I asked her what it means to die, and she said it means you are really sick. So cute.

After her bagel fest, I held my breath, waiting for a reaction. Gwen did just great and even had a little bit of applesauce and banana later on.

Kids bounce back so fast. I'm incredibly grateful that she recovered so quickly. There is nothing worse than seeing my baby sick.

After she puked in her hair twice, I caught a clue and put in some pig tails.




2 comments:

The Vause's said...

I'm so glad to hear that Gwen is feeling better. It's just horrible being the parent and not being about to make them instantly better. Having a sick baby is no fun, so I'm glad things are looking up!
-Shelley

Penny said...

"Mom, I'm so hungry, I might die."

Now that is funny. What a character.

Hugs... mommy dearest