Friday, June 13, 2008

Calling All Stalkers!

I've got great news for all of my stalkers....you are about to be treated to some never-before-seen photos that will give you a glimpse into my private world! I was "tagged" by Susan and the instructions are to post photos of the following without cleaning up first:

1.Kitchen sink
2. Fridge
3. Favorite shoes
4. Closet
5. Laundry pile
6. What the kid(s) are doing right now
7. Favorite room
8. Toilet
9. Fantasy vacation
10. Self portrait

Here goes...

Kitchen Sink: I really wanted to clean this first, but I knew that would be cheating. As you can see, I haven't cleaned the breakfast dishes, nor have I taken the empty milk carton out to the recycle bin.

Fridge: It has food in it. Wow! I do love my new salad spinner.
My Favorite Shoes: My K-Swiss. Yes, I took 4 photos of them. They are that cool. These come with a story that will be much longer than necessary... I bought these with my best friend, Amy in 1995. She saw them on clearance at Marshall's and convinced me that I needed to buy these. They didn't have her size, so for her, I guess the next best thing would be to admire them on my feet. I wore these all the time while I was away at Rick's College (now BYU Idaho). The thing I noticed is that I got compliments on them all the time from a very specific demographic: African American males. They loved my shoes. (I'm not trying to be racist- this is 100% true.) We weren't all that diverse at Rick's College, so I think these compliments came from the same 7 guys on the football team. I happened to be going through a phase in my life where I was particularly interested in dating an African American guy, so the compliments made me quite giddy. My cute friend Amy knew about this interest and went around campus inviting every African American guy she could find to my birthday party. Yes they came. No, none of them asked me on a date. I'm still kind of annoyed about that. But, in the end, it's better for Rick, because you know what they say...



Yes, I still wear these shoes, but probably only 2-3 times per year. I save them for special occasions. But, judging from the photo below, they've seen better days....
My Closet: You caught me on a good day. It's usually messier.

Since a pantry is kinda like a closet, I wanted to post a pantry photo too. I've got everything in bins with little labels on them. If you were too peak into all of my closets and cupboards, you would see all sorts of containers with labels. I get all excited just thinking about labeling something. Rick keeps mentioning that I should put a label-maker of my wish list, but masking tape and a sharpie would just fine.

Laundry Pile: We all have separate hampers in our closets, so the laundry usually doesn't look all that scary. I have a hamper in my laundry room where I throw dishrags. I recently did a wash, so there isn't too much. I've had this same hideous pink hamper for probably almost 20 years.
What the kids are doing right now: Gwen is following me around, with no pants on, playing her "drum". She keeps asking me what I'm taking a picture of.

My favorite room: I love my kitchen because it's got plenty of room to move around, cook, and store all my crap. I also love the hanging pendant lights.

Toilet: Pretty much all the toilets except for in the master look like this right now. We also have a chair in front of the sink because Gwen can't reach it with a regular step stool. In fact, she still can't reach well even when standing on the chair. I'm going to have to help her wash her hands until she's 15.Fantasy Vacation: I would love to go somewhere super-posh in a tropical climate. A secluded villa on a private island sounds about right. It would need to include a personal chef and maid. Oh, and somebody to give me a beach side massage. Also, I can't bear to leave Gwen, so we would bring her babysitter in case we want to do something on our own. Below is a photo of Rick and I in St. Maarten. It's a half Dutch, half French island in the Caribbean. I could definitely go there again.
Self Portrait: I decided I wanted to know what I look like from a tall person's perspective. Apparently, tall people think I have a big forehead and a long crooked nose. And fat nostrils.
Ok that was probably fun only for me. I tag the following...
1. Kelsey- because I want to see more of your new place
2. Torrey- you appear to be a perfect mom and homemaker. I want to find out what your toilet really looks like.
3. Tyson Beckford. Dreamy African American supermodel. If he could just see me in my K-Swiss, I know he would ask me out.
4. Anybody else who wants to do this one. It's fun!

3 comments:

Momeree said...

No Anna Marie, what DO they say???

Sarah said...

If you tagged me, I'm afraid I would have to hurt you.

Cheryl said...

If I were African American, I would have asked you out.

:)