Sunday, March 7, 2010

Problem Solved

Recently Rick approached me with a work-related problem he was experiencing. He had too many vacation days saved up and if he didn't use them soon, they would go away. Now that's my kind of problem!

We toyed around with taking a little road trip, but in the end decided that a long weekend at home was just the ticket. (Cost effective too!) So, plans were put in place for Rick to take a Friday and Monday off.

Fortunately, this coincided with awesome weather (we are having the mildest winter ever!) and we were able to enjoy some time outside.

Friday morning we all got piled in the car and headed out to take Gwen to preschool. While en route Gwen said, "Why do I always feel like crying when I shouldn't be crying?"

"Do you feel like crying right now?" I asked.

"Yes."

"If you feel like crying, then it's ok to cry," I said.

"But I don't want to cry," she said.

"Why do you feel like crying?" I asked.

"I don't know." she answered.

We asked her if she wanted to skip preschool and go get some Frost Donuts instead. Her mood took a turn for the better. If you've ever experienced these donuts, you would understand their mood altering capabilities. Their fritters alone could be the answer to world peace.

Does she look like she's going to cry now?



In the early afternoon, we decided to burn off 1/1000th of the donut calories by embarking on a little adventure on the great outdoors. I wore Fiona in the backpack and poor Rick had to carry Gwen in the other backpack.

Somehow I got cropped out of the picture with Fiona and me. Rats.





After being so good on our "hike" the girls were rewarded by some playtime at the park. Fiona enjoyed her first time in the swing and Gwen was excited to be able to swing right along side her.





4 comments:

Janae said...

I understand completely what Frost Donuts can do for you- I'm so glad Gwen was able to have some. I heard Dale talked to Gwen the other day and I'm extremely jealous- tell her hi from me!!

Penny said...

Isn't Fiona a little doll? Man she is cute. They are both cute, but man she is a pleasant looking baby. She sparkles. Gwen is a charming character -- full of fun and love.

Angie said...

That's a long walk. You probably burned off at least 1/100th of the donuts. I haven't tried Frost donuts yet, but I'm seriously considering a trip to Mill Creek to get some.

Raina said...

Are you at WT Park? We took your advice and went there on Sunday but we got cold weather. Had we prepared ourselves with some FROST before hand we might have been better preared! Thanks for the tip, Winston enjoyed the dog park!