Gwen was really disappointed to learn that she would have to stay at home with Daddy while we went shopping. Rick cheered her up by taking her "indoor camping."
They pitched the tent together and Gwen set up camp. She put out the "camping" chairs and placed some stuffed animals around the tent so to be the wildlife. She even set out a pot of "bear food" so that the bears would eat the food and not them. Gwen's "fire" was an art project she made at church (basically paper and a tongue depressor) and she cooked a delicious dinner from an empty chicken bouillon container. I love her imagination.
Gwen and Rick also ate a real snack...marshmallows and chocolate chips.
At bedtime, they cozied up in their sleeping bags, read books, and told each other campfire ghosts stories. Rick said that he fell asleep the minute his head hit the pillow and he really has no idea what Gwen did after that.
When I got home, they were both fast asleep in the tent. I woke up Rick and he spent the rest of the night in our bed since he had to work in the morning and didn't want his alarm clock to wake up Gwen.
She was so sad when she woke up in the morning to find Rick gone. I had to console her by watching a movie in the tent with her.
Our funny little Gwen really loves camping. I hope she can have a more authentic camping experience before the summer is over!



1 comment:
Awe, Daddy is the best. She is a very lucky girl. In fact she and Fiona are lucky to have such a wonderful Mom and Dad.
Post a Comment