Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Post Only a Mother Could Love

Ok, so I know that parents are always gushing over how brilliant their kids are. It seems like every parent has the illusion that their child is some sort of prodigy, when in fact, they are probably just average. They blab on and on about how smart their kids are, and the rest of us are nodding off after hearing a 25 minute explanation of how they swear they heard their 3-month-old say "burrito".

I'm actually not one of those parents. I just happen to be one of the few who was truly blessed with a gifted child. Lately, Gwen has been doing some awesome drawings and is well on her way to becoming the next Picaso. These were done with NO help whatsoever...

Gwen mostly loves to draw faces

Gwen also has been drawing the letter G a lot. She was drawing at all over the Applebee's menu and saying, "G for Gwen, G for Mommy, and G for Daddy!"

I just love my little genius!

7 comments:

Susan M said...

Awesome. Love the nostrils! My dad did a wood carving of a drawing I made at the same age, and it looks just like one of those with the nostrils, except the eyes also have giant eyelashes. I still have the carving. I always thought it was funny how from a toddler's pov everyone has giant nostrils.

Cheryl said...

Anna Marie - these drawings are really cute!!! Feel free to have her make one for her favorite person in the world - CONOR! :)

Penny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Penny said...

What a talent. Gwen shows a real interest in drawing, and so detailed.

In case you weren't aware, your Great-great-Grandfather Frew was a painter; my mother was known for her wonderful portraits and landscapes; and me -- well I do okay. Frew genes might be contributing to Gwen's obvious artistic abilities, except you have a 3rd cousin on your maternal Great-Grandmother Hannah Clapp's side who illustrates children's books. www.johnclapp.com/.

Be sure to keep Gwen's pictures. You both will enjoying looking at them when she is much older. You need to keep an eye on that girl.

Love...
Mom

Lisita said...

She is going to be a great creative artist just like her mom and gma. Those pics are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Those look close to what Jaren does and he is a whole year older so maybe she is a baby prodigy! That or Jaren just prefers to tear paper off crayons and break them into tiny pieces.

kabeaner said...

From one artist to another, way to go Gwen! Keep encouraging her, and don't get too made if her creations find their way off the paper and onto a wall, table, etc.