In November Gwen was in a play put on by the rec center. She was the White Rabbit in
Alice in Wonderland, and had a fabulous time! I made her costume, which was the first time I've ever sewed clothing. Here is about 3000 pictures...

Seriously, could you narrow those down? Right before the play, they had a dress rehearsal. Gwen's hair was a looking a little crazy about halfway through. Between the dress rehearsal and the real play, they had a pizza party. Then I snuck back and fixed Gwen's hair and touched up her make-up. I guess I'm one of those annoying stage moms.

The play itself was darling, although funny Gwen was a little spacey at times. She wasn't completely aware that she was on stage on there was a room full of people watching her. She was just in her own world. Although she was always ready with her lines, she was often playing with her costume or somebody
else's.
The highlight was when there was a little piece of fuzz floating in the air. I saw Gwen take notice of it and pretty soon she was trying to catch it. Once she did get it, she threw it on one of the other cast members that was lying on the ground.
When they play was over, they had the cast members come out two at a time and do a little dance while the audience applauded. Gwen and her little friend came out and danced behind that backdrop, so nobody could see them! It was pretty hysterical. Once the director found them, the rest of the group has already formed a line so that they could bow. Gwen and her friend had to find a place to squeeze in.

Afterwards, they had a cute little awards ceremony. Then Mrs. B (the director) had each child come up and she said a little something about how well they did. She talked about how enthusiastic Gwen was. Gwen was definitely always happy to be there!

Before heading home, Gwen got to sign autographs and take a few pics with her friends and Mrs. B. What a fun night!
3 comments:
Oh she is adorable!! And awesome job on the costume, hair, etc! That is such a fun thing to get to do ... I'm glad the rec centers have stuff like that.
How fun! There's a fine arts center at the end of our neighborhood but I have yet to talk my girls into participating. Great job on the costume!
Sure wish I could have been there in person. :)
Post a Comment